Fuel Type: Diesel
Location: South Amboy, NJ
Call or Email Jerry Thompson direct for additional information or to schedule an appointment
Phone or Text:
This beautiful Freedom 40/40 has been meticulously maintained and updated throughout its life. Sails were replaced in 2011, all running rigging is in excellent condition. Two zone air conditioning, refrigeration and bow thruster to name a few notable features. The decks and hull shine and the interior is in great condition. Current owner put a lot into her last refit and ever since and it shows. See full specs for additional details. Ready to Get Away!
Please contact the listing broker Jerry Thompson direct at (732) 299-8810 or by email at email@example.com for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
40 Freedom 40/40 – 1995
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: David Pedrick
Fuel: 62 Gallons
Engine Make: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH2GBE
Engine H.P.: 45
Water: 106 Gallons
Engine Year: 1995
Engine Hours: 2999
Engine Type: Inboard
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Propeller Type: 3 Blade Folding
Propeller Material: Bronze
The Freedom 40/40’s interior has a real big boat feel with spacious very private forward and aft staterooms and two heads. The salon features a large L-shaped settee to port and a straight one to starboard. Also to starboard is the nav station. The J-shaped galley is fully equipped for meal prep at the dock and at sea.
The traditional wood interior and teak & holly sole is in excellent condition, exceptionally clean and odor free. Operable ports and hatches provide plenty of light and ventilation. The two zone HVAC system provides plenty of cooling capacity in warmer climates.
Notable features include:
- L-Shaped Settee to Port
- Straight Settee to Starboard
- Drop Leaf Dining Table
- Operable Ports and Hatches
- Nav Station
- Storage Shelves and Lockers
- Mini Blinds (2017)
Forward Stateroom Station
- Large Berth
- Built-in Bureau with Hanging Locker
- Operable Hatches and Ports
- Storage Lockers
- Reading Lights
- Private Entrance From Forward Stateroom
- Operable Port
- Gimballed Three Burner Propane Stove with Oven
- Microwave Oven
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Ample Countertops with Fiddles
- Abundant Storage
- Refrigeration (Powered by Engine and Shore Power)
- Stall Shower
- Operable Port
Sails and Rigging
The sails were replaced in 2011 and the running rigging has been updated since. The lead wing keel and 13’6 beam combine for a stiff stable boat in varying conditions, however what sets this boat apart from other forty footers is the tremendous power generated from the working sails alone. The elimination of spreaders and most of the associated rigging reduces weight aloft and allows for easing the fully battened huge main well outboard. Control lines are led to the cockpit for short handed crews. Hoisting the main is a breeze with the Harken Power winch while the Harken Batt Cars and lazy jacks make dropping it just as convenient.
- Carbon Fiber Mast (ICW Friendly 61′)
- Haarstick Full Battened Mainsail Sails (2011)
- Haarstick Jib – Self Tacking (2011)
- Harken 48 Power Winch (2 Speed)
- Harken Manual Winch (2 Speed)
- Main Sheet (2014)
- Main Halyard (2018)
- Spare Halyard (2011)
- Harken Batt Cars
- Lazy Jacks
- Main Sail Cover (2012)
- Genoa Cover (2012)
- Rigid Boom Vang
Deck and Hull
The helm features a big wheel for easy steering on any tack. Cockpit seating is comfortable under sail and at anchor. Visibility from the helm is excellent and the ride is notably dry. Boarding from the stern is easy with the integral swim platform and swim ladder. The decks and hull really shine and no noticeable crazing or defects were noted.
Notable features and recent upgrades include:
- Cutter Rig.
- Standing Wire Rigging and Lifelines Were Replaced in 2011
- 130% Genoa – Dacron
- Inner staysail – Dacron.
- Fully Battened Mainsail – Dacron.
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker.
- Harken Roller Furlers at Genoa and Staysail.
- Main Sail Cover.
- Electric Winch at Cockpit.
- Jib Halyard Winch at Mast (Lewmar Ocean Series 24C 2 speed).
- Two Lewmar Jib Sheet Winches (Ocean Series 44CST 2 speed)
- Jiffy Reefing System led to Cockpit (Lewmar Stoppers and Ocean Series 16CST Winch) (2016)
- Lazy Jacks
- Mid Boom Sheeting for unobstructed cockpit and Dodger Installation.
- Boom Vang and Preventer.
- Twin Backstays for Easy Boarding.
Adjustable Topping Lift.
Nicely equipped with quite a bit of redundancy.
- Furuno Radar
- Furuno Navnet Chart Plotter
- Garmin GPS (2X)
- Raymarine ST 6000 Auto Pilot
- Autopilot Control Unit Replaced (2017)
- Ray Marine I60 Series Wind Speed & Direction Display
- Ray Marine I60 Series Speed Display
- Ray Marine I60 Series Depth Display
- Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF
- Ray Marine VHF
- SSB Radio (Not Connected)
- Clarion Stereo
- Four JBL Speakers (2 Cockpit & 2 Salon)
- Television Antenna
- Hailer Speaker
- Steering Compass
The 45hp Yanmar easily attains hull speed while the Vetus bow thruster provides maneuverability in tight quarter. The transmission was rebuilt last year. While in there systems were checked, the motor mounts were changed, the alternator replaced and the Max Prop reconditioned.
- Reliable Fresh Water Cooled Yanmar Diesel Power (45 HP)
- Vetus Bow Thruster (Serviced 2017)
- Three Blade Folding Prop (Reconditioned 2018)
- Motor Mounts (Replaced (2018)
- Transmission Rebuilt (2018)
- Flex Coupler (2018)
- New Alternator (2018)
- New Shifter Cables (2018)
- Rudder Bearings (2011)
- 3 AGM 4D Batteries (2018)
- Battery Isolator Switch (2018)
- Two 30 Amp Shore Power Connections
- Two Shore Power Cords
- Dockside TV/Phone Connection
- Mast Head and Steaming Lights (2011)
- Interior LED Lighting
- 110V Convenience Outlets
- Electrical Distribution and Monitoring Panel
- Six Gallon Hot Water Heater – Engine & Shore Power (2016)
- Sanitation Hoses (2015)
- Head Diverter Valve (2017)
- Aft Head Pump (2017)
- Refrigeration – Engine and Shore Power Driven (Serviced 2017)
- Forward Head Thru-Hull (Replaced 2017)
- Hot/Cold Swim Platform Shower
- Two Electric and One Manual Bilge Pumps
- Two Zone HVAC
- Four Hela Fans (2015)
Ambrose Yacht Sales LLC offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents and/or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.